Friday, August 26, 2011

Getting in some practice

The past two days have been so much fun for me. My sister-in-law is back at work and wanted to wait a couple of more weeks before my niece started daycare. This allows them to save some money and the family to get some one on one time with Grace. So I took the last two days off work to spend with my three month old niece Grace.

She is just the cutest little girl and really good too. We spent the days playing, talking, singing songs, reading books, and of course cuddling. I could not pass up some cuddle time with the sweet little baby girl while I was there. However, I did make sure not to hold her too much while she was sleeping so as not to spoil her.

I figured this was some good practice for when we bring our baby home. I quickly learned the difference in her cries. I learned that she has not yet learned patience and when she wants to eat you better be ready. Most of all I learned that if you hear her making noise on the monitor you don't play around about checking on her or she will be wide awake by the time you do. I have often worried that I would not hear a baby cry if I was asleep. However, this morning I learned that was not true when I fell alseep while Grace was napping she cried and I was up and moving. Overall, I think these were good days with lots of special memories of Grace.

While I might feel like this was good practice my Sister in Law was quick to say a newborn is harder. I guess you can't ever really know what to expect but hanging out with Grace can only help. Here a couple of pictures of our time together, although when you get the camera out the smile is gone and it is all serious time.















No comments:

Post a Comment