Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Next Steps have Begun

This afternoon we had a call with the adoption agency. The director was very kind and spent time going over every detail with us. She is very passionate about her job and it is clear that no one will work harder to help us through this process. She quickly made us feel comfortable and let us ask all the questions we had. Chad and I both felt a huge relief knowing what we are facing and knowing that there is a plan.

We will be signing the contract with them and moving foward with adoption. The next steps will be to create a family profile that will tell a Birth Mother about us and to do a home study. The agency has a professional that will help us build the profile which is a comfort to us. I was really dreading figuring out how to but a family profile together but this will provide us guidance.

I have found myself sitting and reflecting on our journey today. I feel like we were truly meant to adopt a child. It seemed to me that as we went through all the infertility treatments everything seemed complicated and so uncertain. I am not saying the adoption process will not be complicated but it seems as though things are falling into place. I have to believe that God has guided us here for reason and we will be blessed with the right child for us. I pray that God will continue to be with us and guide us on this journey.

I thank you all for your support in this journey. Your support means more to Chad and I than words could ever explain. We just ask that you continue to pray for us and the child we will bring home.

No comments:

Post a Comment