Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Agency Update

Today the agency we applied with called me and we ran into a little snag. They informed me that to receive the full adoption services we need to be a member of their church. We are not members so they can only offer to help us through consulting services and the home study. The women from the agency was very nice and took time to explain everything to me.

I hung up the phone and had to run to a meeting which is probably the only thing that kept me from a complete meltdown. I just had all these memories from the failed fertility treatments come flooding back and started to feel like this was not going to work either. I finished my meeting and then it was time to go home. Chad was still at work so I called my mom to talk through my frustration and fear. I calmed down and realized it was not that big of deal and just a little bump in the road. No one said the adoption process was easy and this is probably one of many more frustrations to come.

So with myself now calm I began to re-group and figure out our next move. I had an agency that was my second choice when we were looking for agencies. So I pulled up their information again and took a look. When Chad got home we talked through our options and decided to apply with this agency. So we sat down submitted our application and moved forward with becoming parents. The agency we are working with now is called Everlasing Adoptions. We should hear within 7 days if we are accepted with them. The only thing that could cause a delay is that they only work with 40 families at a time so we do run a risk they will be full. However, we will cross that bridge when and if we get there. I am not going to worry any more about it. We will become parents it is just a matter of time.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the snag, but you will be a Mom some day and the Lord has it all in his hands. I know it doesn't make the process easy! Just do you best to put your worries on Jesus can he can handle it all. I had to say the scripture Proverbs 3:5 over and over and over.

    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight."

    Hang in there! The Lord sees you and loves you!

    ReplyDelete