Ok, so I might be a few days late on Thanksgiving but we had a busy holiday. Thanksgiving is a time that most of us reflect on those things we are thankful for and often take for granted. This time last year we found it hard to be thankful. Chad's dad had just passed away and our IVF had failed. As we prepared for Thanksgiving this year we reflected on how long ago all that seemed. Yet, still the pain so fresh in our hearts.
So this year we look for the things we are thankful for and what a difference a year has made. We still don't have the family we dream of but we are working on it. I remember last year thinking I had no more hope. However, this year I find myself hopeful of having a child this time next year. I dream of what the holidays will be like with a family of our own. I don't know when we will bring our baby home but I know we will. This hope has allowed us to actually purchase things for our child. The purchases we made on Black Friday are not necessities but allow us to think for a time we will have a child to teach and play with. While waiting in line at Kohl's early Friday morning we passed the Fisher Price Little People toys. It started as just looking while waiting in line and lead to a joy of buying something for the child we have yet to meet. We purchased the Little People Noah's Arc knowing that it would be fun and a learning opportunity as well. After sleeping for a few hours we couldn't help but think about the Little People Nativity Set we had seen the night before. You see Christmas is my favorite time of year and I wanted my child to have a Christmas decoration of their own. So off to Target we went to make our next purchase. It is a little odd feeling buying things for a child we have not meet and isn't born yet but isn't that what all expecting parents do. It is a relief to do something that so many people do and we having been able to.
So what I am thankful for this year? I am thankful for so many things but most of all the hope God has given us. I am thankful that we have the opportunity to adopt and the gift that someone I don't know will give us.
Now for the adoption update. I know we haven't posted in a while and mostly that is because we have been busy. We have spent a lot of time getting our profile book ready for birth mothers to view. The other item that has been taking up our time is the dreaded home study paperwork. We have finally reached the end of the paperwork and we are getting fingerprinted for our background checks this week. We have a couple of classes to complete and those will also be done this week. It should take about 3 weeks and then we will have our home study. The home study is the last thing we have to complete until we are selected by a birth mother. Then the dreaded waiting will be begin. So I ask that you all pray that our wait will not be too long.
No comments:
Post a Comment