Tuesday, October 11, 2011

You Can Stay in Here

One of the first things I learned about Brandi is that she loves Winnie the Pooh. I can definitely appreciate how people can be loyal to stories or movies or works of fiction so I never objected to this fanatical behavior. Winnie the Pooh movies for Christmas? Got it. Giant Pooh and Tigger watching over us from the highest shelf in our living room? I can handle it. Pooh theme for your nursery?

Well…

‘Mkay – I can dig it.

So Brandi got some Classic Pooh bedding and a Classic Pooh Mobile for the crib that we haven’t purchased yet. To match these Poohstuffs, we deliberated and discussed and debated over the color of the room. The color that won??? ‘Christopher Robin’s Swing’. No kidding, Tigger-riffic.







To be honest, I like all of it a lot. Your room is at the end of the hall next to ours (see previous post). You are kinda far from the bathroom, but you’ll manage in time. Your room is bright around noontime and you can see other houses from the window. If Santa wanted to visit you, he could just slide down the roof, pull an acrobatic 180 and you guys could have a conversation about how good you’ve been all year. Marley and Snickers sleep in our room, but you’ll be able to fall asleep listening to them snore just like we do if we leave both doors open. Your room has stuffed animals – an army of them, actually – to ward off monsters and talk to you and give you a hug if you have a bad dream. Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too, just like in the living room.




You don’t have to search far, or ask nicely. You can stay in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment