This weekend Chad went to Lincoln for a guys weekend so it was just us girls at home. We actually had a really busy weekend. It started off with a little bit of a rough morning on Saturday because Annabelle had some trouble sleeping. We have just moved her into her crib since she is starting to rollover and she is still adjusting. However, since it was Saturday we were able to go back to bed and get the sleep she and I needed before starting our day. Grandma Tena came over that afternoon and we went up to Smithville. I ordered a basket of fruits and vegetables from Bountiful Baskets (this is a great deal by the way, you can check it out at bountifulbaskets.org) and we had to go pick it. The travel fell right at Annabelle's nap time so she slept on the way up had a bottle in the car with Grandma while I waited in line and then slept on the way home.
In the afternoon we had lots of visitors. Grandma Sandy and Uncle Jay came over for a short visit. Also Aunt Kristy and Gracie came over to hang out and have dinner since Uncle Ry-Ry was with Daddy. Gracie is so fun to watch with Annabelle she definitely loves her and can't get enough. Gracie read her books, held her, and talked to her but she did let Aunt Kristy get some snuggles too. We ordered in pizza and Gracie had to sit by Annabelle at dinner time. Annabelle just loved watching Gracie and I know they are going to be great friends. While I feed Annabelle, Gracie did a favorite activity at of hers when at our house and played on the iPad. Then came bath time which is one of Annabelle's favorite times of the day and Gracie loves to help. She is such a good helper and just laughed as Annabelle splashed in the tub. After the bath Gracie picked out a baby doll she thought Annabelle should sleep with and put it in the crib for her. Then came the time of night that melted my heart. Gracie picked out books for me to read and then said prayers for Annabelle. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. She folded her hands and then started praying while she touched Annabelle's head when she said her name. She maybe got a little distracted along the way but she is only 2 and half. It melts my heart to think about how much Gracie loves Annabelle and I know that Annabelle will feel the same way about Gracie.
Sunday morning we got up bright and early so that I could teach Sunday School. Annabelle spent the hour in the nursery with the other kids while I taught. I guess Saturday wore her out because she slept most of the time and was still asleep when I picked her up. Since she was sleeping I decided to get a trip to the grocery store out of the way. Annabelle slept the whole time which I can't blame her it is not a super fun place. Grandma Sandy and Uncle Jay came over in the afternoon again after Daddy got home. They played with Annabelle while I got a few things done around the house which is always nice. After they left we had some family time and put the weekend to bed.
It was a fun spending the weekend with my baby girl but we missed Daddy.
![]() |
| Sunday afternoon with Grandma Sandy. Also ready for football season with my Giants gear. |


We always have a great time when we can come see Little Annabelle!
ReplyDelete